August 4, 2021 - USA Wrestling is pleased to announce that the 2021 Senior World Team Trials will be held at the Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln, Neb., Sept. 11-12.
This event will determine the U.S. team that will compete in the 2021 Senior World Championships set for Oslo, Norway, October 2-10. This World Championships will feature the 10 World Championship weight classes in all three of the disciplines (men’s freestyle, women’s freestyle, Greco-Roman).
Please note that depending upon the results from the Olympic Games in Tokyo, and based upon the decision of Olympic medalists whether they choose to compete at the Senior World Championships, there could be some weight classes which are not contested in Lincoln.
Only U.S. citizens who meet the Senior age group requirements and have fulfilled the existing qualifying procedures are eligible to participate at the 2021 Senior World Team Trials.
USA Wrestling is partnering with the Lincoln Convention and Visitors Bureau and the MWC Wrestling Academy to host this event.
“Pinnacle Bank Arena is honored to welcome USA Wrestling’s 2021 Senior World Team Trials. Coming right after the spectacle that is the Tokyo Summer Olympics, we are honored that USA Wrestling is bringing this prestigious two-day, four-session event to Nebraska’s Capitol City. We can promise the World Champion athletes that sports fans in Nebraska will appreciate the high level of athleticism that will be on the mats September 11-12. We know our fans will welcome and cheer for every competitor throughout the Trials. Lincoln is second to none as a destination for major sporting events where great facilities intersect with a really knowledgeable fan base,” said Tom Lorenz, General Manager of the Pinnacle Bank Arena.
For complete information, visit the event website at:
Athletes, coaches, clubs and fans who wish to secure accommodations are encouraged to so immediately, due to a University of Nebraska football weekend. Event accommodations are listed on the official website under “accommodations.”
All tickets sold will be General Admission, with All-Session and Single Day prices available.
The All-Session prices are $50 for Adults or $25 for Youth, plus ticketing fees. The Single Day prices are $30 for Adults and $15 for Youth, plus ticketing fees. Tickets go on sale on Thursday, August 5 at the following link:
The event will be broadcast live by FloWrestling.
Other Event Information
For Early Online Registration
- Entry Fee – FREE ($100 per athlete after August 18 deadline)
- Early registration deadline is Wednesday, August 18th at 7:00pm CENTRAL time. No refunds for failure to compete.
For Late Online Registration
- Late Entry Fee - $100 (After August 18 deadline)
- Late Online Registration deadline is Monday, September 6th at 7:00pm CENTRAL time, Athletes must be registered by this deadline for seeding.
- Coaches bands will only be sold online, no on-site purchases, please plan ahead. Opportunity to purchase Coaches bands will begin on August 24, 2021 after new USA Wrestling membership season begins.
- For all divisions, only coaches with a current USAW Wrestling Leader Membership with a Bronze or higher NCEP certification can purchase a Coaches Floor Pass.
- Online Bronze certified or higher coaches floor pass: $20.00. Deadline is Wednesday, September 8th.
- Senior clubs and College programs will receive one (1) complimentary coaches floor pass for every three (3) athletes per style entered in the Senior World Team Trials. In order to receive complimentary coaches floor pass, email Christina Hargrove at email@example.com by Monday, September 6th at 5pm CT.
Coaches Bands Link