It's time to #PlanForVacation. Visit Lincoln in 2021!
Americans Are Still Not Using Their Paid Time Off
COVID-19 affected all aspects of everyday life, compelling Americans to change their behavior, including around travel,to accommodate health and safety protocols and other restrictions in an effort slow the spread. However, one noticeable trend remains the same: Americans still are not using their vacation days.
Traveling in 2020: A Semi-Navigable Challenge
Despite restrictions and new protocols, on average, nearly 60% of paid time off used in 2020 was for travel away from home.
Turning Dreams into Realities in 2021
- Many Americans have even more paid time off, due to changes in time off policy,—and are looking to spend it on vacation.
- Nearly 8 in 10 (77%) American workers are extremely or very happy while on vacation.
- 97% of survey respondents say having a trip planned makes them happier*.
- How do they want to spend vacation time? Traveling.
- More than 9 in 10 (93%) say it is important to use their paid time off to travel.
Planning: Key to Taking Time Off and Traveling
Americans who plan out their time off take more time off—but more than one-quarter (28%) of American households don’t do this simple step. As a result, they lose or have to forfeit these days.
Planners prioritize traveling with their paid time off, a trend that is expected to continue to rise in 2021 where 32% of planners anticipate traveling more than previous years versus 21% of non-planners.
Planning for vacation is a simple way to improve happiness, boost morale, prevent burnout and reduce stress. When it's time for you, we'll be ready!
Planning a trip or even a staycation in Lincoln is easy! Click the buttons below to kick off your planning.